Our Student Code of Conduct exists to ensure that each student and staff member has access to a welcoming, caring, respectful and safe learning environment that honours diversity and fosters a sense of belonging.
The Code of Conduct establishes that:
- High Park students will pursue academic excellence and show respect for teaching and learning to the best of their ability;
- High Park students will promote responsibility, respect and kindness;
- High Park students will demonstrate strong positive character;
- High Park students will accept and honour all people including those who appear different from themselves; and,
- High Park students will treat all members of the school community with courtesy and respect.
Parkland School Division has a responsibility to ensure that each student enrolled in a school operated by the Board and each staff member employed by the Board is provided with a welcoming, caring, respectful and safe learning environment that respects diversity and fosters a sense of belonging.
All stakeholders in the success and well-being of students, and especially the students themselves, are expected to recognize their responsibilities in developing student self-discipline within a culture of wellness. Staff members and students will not be discriminated against as provided for in the Alberta Human Rights Act or the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.